|120 Eldredge Street||120 Eldredge Street|
|Binghamton, NY 13902-2460||Binghamton, NY 13902-2460||Ithaca, NY|
5 Generation Family Commitment
IF YOUR JOB REQUIRES A PARTIAL OR COMPLETE TEAROFF, PLEASE READ THIS
Our representative has determined that removal of your existing roof is required. We would not recommend a removal unless it was absolutely necessary. Removal of the existing roof may be needed for one of the following reasons:
- Too many layers of old roofs to allow another roof on top
- The exposed shingles are badly warped or buckled and will not provide a smooth enough surface for the new roof
- The underlaying roof boards are deteriorated and need replacement
A roof removal is a dirty, noisy, and messy job. Although we take every precaution to avoid them, following are some problems you might experience.
- During the process of removing the old roof and installing the new one, there is a short period of time when there is no roof on the house. We make every effort to keep this exposure period as short as possible and use temporary protection, as required, but with unexpected weather, you might experience a leak. We are responsible for any damage that might occur, but it may still be an inconvenience.
- A roof removal is extremely messy. Old shingles are brittle and dusty. A complete cleanup is not possible every day. Expect that your house and yard may not be very attractive while the job is in progress.
- Final cleanup is as thorough as possible but you might occasionally still find a nail or small pieces of shingle debris on the ground.
- Minor damage to house, shrubbery, lawn, and siding may occur during the removal of the old roofing.
- Existing gutter systems may need to be removed and replaced.
- New metal flashings may be required. Proper installation may require removal and reinstallation of siding which unavoidably damages the paint finish of the siding.
- Dust and dirt may filter down through the roof deck on to material stored in the attic especially if spaced boards were used for the deck. Please cover valuable storage in the attic.
Please be patient with us while the job is in progress. When the job is completed, be assured that you will have a good looking roof using the best materials, installed by the best mechanics, and guaranteed by the best company available in the area today.
Charles N Griffiths, Jr., President